The other day I was making biscuits for breakfast. I went to my blog to get the recipe and realized I never posted it. So here it is, my favorite biscuit recipe. I serve them with jam or honey. The next day, the leftovers are split open, topped with cheese (melted under the broiler) and then topped with a fried egg.
Serving Size = Around 8 biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup of milk
- In a food processor, mix together the dry ingredients, pulse to mix. Chop up the stick of butter into 1 tablespoon pieces. Add to processor and quickly pulse until it's a bit thicker than sand.
- In a bowl, mix together the egg and milk. Turn the processor on, add the egg mixture, and pulse until it forms a ball.
- Put a bit of flour on a surface, remove the dough from the processor and knead about 8 or 10 times, until it comes together. Roll out into about a 1-inch rectangle. Using a drinking glass, or biscuit cutter, cut out about 8 biscuits.
- Place onto a greased baking sheet, and bake in a preheated 450F oven for 8 - 10 minutes.
- When done, brush the tops with melted butter (optional).