Today, I am sharing a delicious mocha fudge frosting recipe with you that I found over at Premeditated Leftovers. Hands down, this is my new favorite frosting. The coffee takes this standard chocolate frosting and turns it into a real treat. It's almost effortless to make, the flavor of each ingredient is present, and it can be paired up with several different types of cakes (or cookies, or brownies). I put the frosting on vanilla cupcakes and then I stood in the kitchen licking the frosting out of the bowl and drinking milk. Yeah. Healthy AND classy. :)
Serving Size = 24 cupcakes, or 1 13x9-inch cake
Original Recipe: Premeditated Leftovers
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened (I used unsalted)
- 6 tablespoons brewed coffee (plus more, if needed)
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar (plus more, if needed)
- In a mixer, mix together the butter, coffee, cocoa powder, and vanilla. When combined, add the powdered sugar. Mix and then adjust to the consistency you want with either more coffee or more powdered sugar. I used more coffee.
- Turn up the mixer to medium and mix for a minute or two, until fluffy.