If you want a quick summer salad, then I think you will be pleased with this dish. Everything in this meal is fresh. The tomatoes were freshly picked, as well as the basil and cucumber. Even the mozzarella is fresh. When your ingredients are this high in quality, especially the tomatoes (loaded with flavor), then you really only need a light dressing. I added some balsamic vinegar and oil, just a touch of both, to taste.
Tomato, Mozzarella, Cucumber Salad
Serving Size = 2 - 3
- 2 cups small tomatoes, any variety (such as cherry), halved (different colors such as yellow and red are great)
- 1/4 cup or so of cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 4 oz of fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar (to taste, I used 2)
- 1 tablespoon oil (extra virgin olive oil, grapeseed, whatever you want to use)
- About 5 large basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 of a red onion, finely chopped
- Mix everything together and adjust to taste.