Remember the amazing duck recipe that I posted not too long ago? Well, I kept the duck fat, because it's liquid gold. Never throw duck fat away. Never. Instead, collect the fat and use it to roast red potatoes with garlic and herbs, like I did. If you really want to push it over the top, and I usually do, then add lots of Parmesan cheese. I served these with delicious grilled steaks, but honestly, I think the potatoes stole the show.
Red Potatoes Roasted in Duck Fat
Serving Size = 2 - 3
- 1 1/2 lbs of red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons or so of duck fat
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Pour the duck fat over the potatoes (in a 9x13 inch baking dish). Add the seasoning and garlic, toss well to make sure everything is coated.
- Bake 35 - 45 minutes, flipping the potatoes over halfway through. In the last 5 minutes, add the Parmesan.