It has been ages since I've posted a recipe. My apologies! Our newest addition to the family, our black lab/basset hound mix Hannah, has been quite a handful. We've had to set up an area for her to live in, buy food, toys, leash, collar, vet appts etc. etc. so on and so on. She is our first family pet, so we were a little slow to start. But so far everything is going well. I'm glad we adopted her.
Anyway, I wanted to do a fast lunch today. Aside from working outdoors on a few projects, both dog and non-dog related, it's been super-duper hot, so cooking for a long period of time indoors isn't really an option. Cooking outdoors is though, and we've been grilling every day, but we needed a break from the grill. So there you have it, fettuccine Alfredo! It's delicious, fast, very easy, and you can make as many additions as you like. I added mushrooms and while it was cooking, I decided to use some turkey bacon as a garnish. I probably only buy turkey bacon once a year, so it's a real treat for me. I figured incorporating it with rich cream and lots of butter would be heaven. And it was. Creamy, salty, and delicious -- heaven.
|Pasta ready to add|
Fettuccine Alfredo (with Bacon garnish)
Serving Size = 3
- 3/4 lb of fettuccine (1 lb would probably be fine) - Cooked (I boil it 7 - 9 minutes)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 or so button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 - 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon or so of fresh parsley, chopped
- (I cooked and then crumbled some turkey bacon on top of mine. About 2 pieces per person.)
- While the pasta is cooking, start the sauce.
- In a large, deep skillet, add the butter and let it melt over medium heat.
- Once the butter melts, add the mushrooms and cook. After they cook, add the heavy cream, garlic, salt/pepper (go easy with the salt since the Parmesan is salty), and parsley. Cook until sauce thickens a bit, keeping in mind that the Parmesan will thicken it even more.
- When sauce reaches desired consistency (takes about 10-15 minutes) turn off the heat and then add the Parmesan. Stir until combined. Taste to check if it needs more salt.
- Add the pasta and stir.
- Serve with turkey bacon crumbled over the top, optional.