I love having a garden. Walking outside, going over the the plants, and picking something to make into dinner is an amazing feeling. The best part is that I know, without a doubt, that it's completely organic. We just started getting zucchini, so I kept it simple and made a marinade, added some onions, and grilled it. The only thing that might make this better would be portobello mushrooms cut into cubes and added to the marinade.
|Zucchini from the garden|
|Parsley, Basil, and Rosemary from the garden :)|
|Garlic, finely chopped|
|Mix the veggies and the marinade. Put in the fridge for 2 - 3 hours.|
|Place onto the skewers|
|Turn and continue to grill until softened (we like them to get a bit of black on them).|
Serving Size = 3 - 4
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 - 2 large onions
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup oil (I used extra virgin olive oil) (more as needed)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (more as needed)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cut the zucchini into 1 or 2 inch pieces. Do the same with the onions.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients, whisking until combined. Add the zucchini and onions, toss to coat. There should be enough to coat the veggies plus a little extra. Add more balsamic and oil if needed.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 2 - 3 hours.
- Heat up the grill, put the onions and zucchini on skewers (reserve the marinade), and place onto the grill (we have to set our grill to low or medium heat). Cook about 10 minutes per side, or until softened. Keep an eye on it. Brush it with the extra marinade a few times while cooking.