This is a guest post from Pamela at Pamela's Heavenly Treats. I plan to try out this yummy recipe soon. She suggests making them into sandwich cookies, which is definitely the way I would like to go.
Whole Wheat Vanilla Citrus Cake Cookies
- 1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp buttermilk *I make my own~ vinegar and fat free milk*
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Mix wet ingredients, and them add in you dry ingredients, you will notice that the texture of the batter is like a cake batter, that is fine that's why I call these cake like cookies.
- Use a small scoop and put 12-15 scoops on your parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Bake on 350F for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Once they are cooled, you can leave as they are, or do like I did and make them all neat and the same size, and cut out with a round cutter. These cake like cookies can also be used to make cookie sandwiches.
There you have it Whole Wheat Vanilla Citrus Cake Cookies. I want to thank Elsa Cooks for having me, I certainly enjoyed sharing one of my favorite cookie recipes with your readers. I hope you can stop by Pamela's Heavenly Treats for some healthy cupcake and cookie recipes.
Linking to: Tastetastic Thursday, Whimsy Wednesdays, Full Plate Thursday, Gallery of Favorites