Super Bowl is right around the corner so today I'm sharing a unique BBQ sauce to serve. I love buffalo wings, but if you want to take a different route this year I recommend this spicy alternative. The peaches add a nice layer of flavor but it doesn't give a strong fruit taste and the spice complements it beautifully. I would recommend serving this on chicken. I cooked mine on an indoor grill and then finished them off in the oven.
And I wanted to give you another blog update. My blog will be changing over the weekend, or possibly into next week. I will change the name slightly and create a new look. The address will change but it will automatically forward you to the new blog so this shouldn't be a problem. I will keep you updated though. :)
Peach Chipotle BBQ Sauce
Serving Size = 2 cups
Adapted from: Fine Cooking
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup brown sugar, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional, I skipped)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of cloves
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup peaches, I used frozen sliced that I froze last year
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 - 2 teaspoons chipotle in adobo sauce (I used 2)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Combine everything except the butter in a medium saucepan. Simmer until the peaches are tender, about 10 minutes or so. Place into a blender and blend until smooth (you might want to cool it first, it's up to you).
- Return to medium saucepan and simmer until the flavors blend, about 10 - 15 more minutes. Stir occasionally. When done, whisk in the butter.