Today I am sharing two easy recipes with you. The first is homemade chocolate syrup. It's so easy to make, there really is no reason to buy it from the store ever again. The taste is definitely equal to store bought, but I would say even better. I add it to milk for my toddlers chocolate milk, over ice cream, or to iced coffee --- the other recipe I'm sharing with you. I LOVE coffee and chocolate, so combining them is an amazing experience for me. Also, notice the foam at the top. I have a Vitamix blender and if I blend it a few seconds longer than normal, it creates a beautiful foamy top. If your blender doesn't do that, then just add some whipped cream.
As for the strength of the coffee, I just use leftover coffee from the morning. We drink our coffee on the strong side and it works perfectly. I'm sure whatever coffee you have leftover will work perfectly.
Our coffee recipe is roughly:
- 6 cups of water to 1/2 cup of ground coffee.
|Adding chocolate syrup to make chocolate milk|
Also good as an ice cream topper
Serving Size = About 2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium or large saucepan (it bubbles up a lot), mix everything but the vanilla. Bring to boil, cook one minute, (stir often) remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Cool and store in fridge.
|Drizzle with chocolate|
Serving Size = 2, 8oz cups
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups ice
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Extra ice to add after blending
- Add everything to a blender and blend. Adjust to taste. Pour into glasses and add some extra ice.