Here's another recipe from Premeditated Leftovers, one of my favorite blogs to visit. As soon as you see this recipe, I can predict what your first thought will be... "Wow, that's a lot of garlic." But nope, it's not a lot of garlic, it's the perfect amount. I ate these potatoes up in a heartbeat and pretty much ignored the rest of the meal (we were having ribs that night, so that's saying somethin'). You must try this recipe - must, must, must.
And a big plus --- the recipe is low in fat because there isn't any butter. This is a very good thing for me because I still have 12lbs to get rid of to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. And you won't miss the butter because it's so packed full of flavor. Did I mention that you must, must, must try this??? Because you must. :)
Also, my two cookbooks arrived the other day so I'll be trying out some new recipes. Expect a book review soon.
Garlic and Rosemary Potatoes
Serving Size = About 4
Original Recipe: Premeditated Leftovers
- 2 1/2 - 3 lbs red potatoes, washed and quartered (I used russet, peeled)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced (I used a regular onion)
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley (I used fresh)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rosemary, crushed (crush it well)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with cold water, turn heat to medium-high and boil until fork tender (12 - 15 mins).
- Drain the potatoes and pour into a bowl, set aside.
- In the large pot, over medium heat, add the oil and saute the onion for several minutes until it starts to soften. Add the garlic, rosemary, and parsley. Cook for just a minute and then add the potatoes back in, add the salt/pepper, toss well and cook for about 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Linking to: Show Off Your Stuff Party, Frugal Food Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, It's a Keeper Thursday, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday, Creative Juice, Taking a Timeout Thursday, Tastetastic Thursday, It's a Party at A Creative Princess, What's Cooking Thursdays