I made this the other day because I needed to throw together a quick meal. My toddler was tearing the house apart and throwing tantrums (aw, terrible 2's) and hubby was gone. Anyway, it was sooooooo delicious and I'm always excited to use the herbs in my garden. I love having a garden!! I love checking my plants to see how they are growing, watering them, planting new ones, and then storing them for the winter. Anyway, I went off track there. :) Delicious meal, add the Parmesan to taste, and use just about any kind of pasta you want. I only had spaghetti noodles on hand, so that's what I used.
Pasta with Creamy Tomato Sauce
Serving Size = If using 1 lb box, I would say 4
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter + some oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Pinch of sugar (optional, I usually skip it)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons of basil
- 1 tablespoon or so of parsley
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained (can skip or replace with something else)
- 1/8 cup or so of Parmesan (to taste)
- 1 lb box of spaghetti - Use roughly 3/4 of it
- Saute the onion in the butter and oil (I used EVOO) over medium heat. When it starts to turn clear-ish, then go ahead and add the garlic, stir, add the tomato sauce, pinch of sugar, salt/pepper, parsley, and basil. Cook until it starts to thicken a bit, maybe 15 mins. While that cooks, go ahead and cook the pasta.
- When the pasta is done and the sauce has thickened, add the spinach and cook until it's heated through, then add the heavy cream (heat through again). Stir and add the Parmesan cheese, remove from heat and add the noodles and serve.