I've made this risotto in the past and posted the recipe already (original link with other recipes). At the time, I was just entering the blogging world and didn't include any pictures. I absolutely love eating risotto with leeks, and I feel like my previous post didn't do the dish any justice. So here are some pictures to go with the recipe.
|Chop up the leeks and garlic (I cut the recipe in half).|
|The cream thickens and develops a mild sweetness.|
|Isn't this gorgeous? The parsley is my attempt at decorating. hehe|
Risotto with Leeks Recipe:
Serves - 4
- 2 Leeks, cleaned and thinly sliced (1/4 inch maybe)
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of Arborio rice
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of oil (olive is fine)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Sauté the garlic (on medium) in the oil and butter until fragrant, then add the rice and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly add the chicken broth, about 1/2 a cup at a time, letting it cook until most of it absorbs, then add more.
- For the leeks, add them to a saucepan with the cream and cook on medium heat (a simmer) until the leeks are tender and the cream has thickened (about 15 minutes).
- When everything is done, combine them and taste (Parmesan might be a nice addition).